AAFA Announces Board Officer Transition and Newly Elected Board Members
March 2, 2018 | WASHINGTON, D.C
Today the American Apparel & Footwear Association announced the transition of its Board of Directors leadership, as well as the addition of 15 newly elected and re-elected Board members. The officer induction ceremony took place at the conclusion of the AAFA Executive Summit in Washington, D.C.
The following individuals were confirmed as AAFA's Board of Directors leadership for the 2018-2019 term:
- Chairman: Thomas Glaser, Vice President, VF Corporation & President – Global Supply Chain
- Vice-Chairman: Gary Simmons, President and CEO, Gerber Childrenswear, LLC
- Treasurer: Kurt Cavano, President, Infor GT Nexus Commerce Network
- Secretary: Colin Browne, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Under Armour, Inc.
Additionally, the following individuals were elected and re-elected as members of the Board:
- Halide Alagoz, Ralph Lauren
- Lisa Bate, Bureau Veritas Consumer Products
- Robert Campbell, BBC International
- Kurt Cavano, Infor GT Nexus Commerce Network
- Ted Dagnese, Lululemon
- Bill Ells, Vibram USA
- Mike Fralix, Textile/Clothing Technology Corp
- Leslie Gallin, UBM/FN Platform
- Katherine Gold, Goldbug
- Sidney Howard, Coats
- Todd Kahn, Tapestry
- Steve Mostofsky, TTI Global Resources
- David Miller, Minnetonka Moccasin Company, Inc.
- Frank Sauceda, Luen Thai International
- Timothy Scobie, Mason Companies, Inc.
Sarah Clarke of PVH Corp. was approved to fill a seat vacated by a colleague for the remainder of the 2017-2018 term.
Paula Zusi of Advent International Corporation steps down as chairman following the conclusion of her one-year term. “It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as chairman of the AAFA. The past year has been full of many incredible experiences. Through the collective efforts of my fellow board members and the AAFA staff, we’ve made strides beyond what any of us could have imagined. As I pass on the gavel, I feel that I have positioned the association and my successor Tom Glaser to continue to provide exceptional support for our growing association membership in the year ahead,” said Zusi.
“AAFA provides the industry with indispensable value as we pave the way to bring new product to market around the world. Having worked directly with the team at AAFA for many years, I can say that their advice and support has played a crucial advisory and advocacy role throughout my career,” said Tom Glaser, chairman of the American Apparel & Footwear Association. “This is an exciting time of transition for our industry, and I am excited to lead this organization for the year ahead.”
“Tom Glaser is a seasoned international leader with a wide range of experience in the apparel and footwear industry. We are thrilled to have him take the lead as Chairman of the AAFA Board of Directors. For several years Tom, Paula, and I have worked together and this will be a seamless transition for AAFA,” said Rick Helfenbein president and CEO of the American Apparel & Footwear Association. “Paula Zusi has always been an incredible ambassador for AAFA, and I would like to express our appreciation for her leadership on behalf of the board and the AAFA staff. We are thrilled that she will continue to serve on the board and continue to provide her expertise to our organization.”