This meeting is open to AAFA Board Members only.
The AAFA Board of Directors provides AAFA staff with industry perspectives and guidance in pursuing AAFA’s mission of promoting and enhancing our members' competitiveness, productivity and profitability in the global market by minimizing regulatory, legal, commercial, political, and trade restraints.
The Board of Directors meeting will take place at the offices of Fruit of the Loom in Bowling Green, KY on September 14-15, 2022.
Meeting Location & Timeline:
Fruit of the Loom, Inc.
1 Fruit of the Loom Dr
Bowling Green, KY 42103
Wednesday, September 14
1:00 PM CT: Arrive to Nashville International Airport. Please plan to arrive in Nashville by 1pm. If you need to arrive in Nashville on September 13 due to flight schedules, please meet the group back at BNA on the 14th
to catch the shuttle bus to Bowling Green. Detailed instructions will be sent.
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM CT: Shuttle bus to Bowling Green, KY.
3:30 PM CT : Arrive/unload at Holiday Inn University Plaza.
4:45 PM – 6:30 PM CT: Tour National Corvette Museum and Reception (transportation provided).
Thursday, September 15
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM CT: Board of Directors Meeting (Transportation, Continental breakfast & Lunch included).
3:15 PM – 4:45 PM CT : Shuttle bus to Nashville International Airport.
*times subject to change
Holiday Inn University Plaza-Bowling Green
1021 Wilkinson Trace
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42103
Please click here to reserve a room
directly with the Holiday Inn University Plaza-Bowling Green at AAFA's rate of $114/night + taxes/fees. The deadline to reserve a room in AAFA's block at the negotiated rate is August 30, 2022
; however, the room block may sell out prior to this date. Once the block is sold out, rooms and rates cannot be guaranteed.
Health & Safety Hub: COVID-19 Precautions
AAFA considers the health & wellness of all those onsite at the Board of Directors Meeting as a top priority. Our Health & Safety Hub is a living document that will continue to evolve as the event approaches. We will seek the latest health guidance from local authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to determine the best precautions to take to further enhance the onsite experience and promote wellness at the event. Additionally, we will follow all local government and venue guidelines. Please note the measures below that we will be following to ensure everyone's safety regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we look forward to being together once again!
- Anyone attending the Board of Directors Meeting is required to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at registration.
- Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination include: a picture of your vaccination card on your phone, any of the vax apps that has a picture of your card uploaded, or your physical vaccination card (not recommended as you could lose it in your travels).
- In lieu of vaccination, proof of negative test within 24 hours of arrival or proof of recently acquired natural immunities will be accepted.
- AAFA will be adhering to the CDC's recommendations and local government requirements.
- Currently, masks are voluntary and you are welcome to wear one based on your comfort level. As local, state, or federal guidelines are updated to include new mandates, AAFA will follow those requirements.
- Additional masks will be available at the registration desk.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be provided to each participant at registration.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
Communicate Your Comfort Level (participants to choose their own sticker color to place on name badge)
- Green - I'm OK with handshakes & high fives.
- Yellow - I'm OK with talking but not touching.
- Red - Give me a wave, I'm keeping my distance.
In Partnership with the Venue Guidelines, we will be providing:
- Responsible food & beverage service
- Appropriate signage to reinforce wellness reminders.
Personal Accountability Commitment (some items to be confirmed closer to the event)
- Answering YES to the following statement during the registration checkout process: By attending the Board of Directors Meeting, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and wellness beneficial conduct while attending the event. This is includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing a Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement provided by AAFA legal counsel.
- Washing hands often, cover your nose or mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask if indoors, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Engaging in appropriate physical distancing.
- Not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.