Participation in AAFA Committee Meetings is limited to AAFA members only. To join AAFA or to be added to a committee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AAFA's Social Responsibility Committee will meet in Washington DC on November 9, 2022 to discuss the latest social compliance issues facing the apparel and footwear industry. Check back for more details.
Committee Meeting Registration Fee: $45
For a list of nearby hotels, please click here
Health & Safety Hub: COVID-19 Precautions
AAFA considers the health & wellness of all those onsite at the Social Responsibility Committee Meeting as a top priority. Our Health & Safety Hub is a living document that will continue to evolve as the event approaches. We will seek the latest health guidance from local authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to determine the best precautions to take to further enhance the onsite experience and promote wellness at the event. Additionally, we will follow all local government and venue guidelines. Please note the measures below that we will be following to ensure everyone's safety regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we look forward to being together once again!
- Anyone attending the Social Responsibility Committee Meeting is required to be fully vaccinated.
- Updates will be sent to registrants with options to show proof of vaccination.
- AAFA will be adhering to the CDC's recommendations and requiring ALL participants (staff, attendees, sponsors, speakers, and guests) to wear a mask while indoors at the event (with the exception of while actively eating or drinking).
- Additional masks will be available at the registration desk.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be provided to each participant at registration.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
Communicate Your Comfort Level (participants to choose their own sticker color to place on name badge)
- Green - I'm OK with handshakes and high fives.
- Yellow - I'm OK with talking but not touching.
- Red - Give me a wave, I'm keeping my distance.
In Partnership with the Venue Guidelines, we will be providing:
- Responsible food & beverage service, distanced seating options, and barriers if/when appropriate.
- Appropriate signage to reinforce wellness reminders.
Personal Accountability Commitment (some items to be confirmed closer to the event)
- Answering YES to the following statement during the registration checkout process: By attending the Trade Policy Committee Meeting in person, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and wellness beneficial conduct while attending the event. This is includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing a Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement provided by AAFA legal counsel.
- Submit a Health Screening Questionnaire at check-in onsite.
- Washing hands often, cover your nose or mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask if indoors, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Engaging in appropriate physical distancing.
- Not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.