8:30 – 9:15 AM
REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST & NETWORKING
9:15 – 9:25 AM
Nate Herman, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain, American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)
9:25 – 10:05 AM
10:05 – 10:30 AM
10:30 – 11:15 AM
MOVING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- Get help identifying the compliance questions you need to be asking factories and vendors when moving into new factories or regions.
- Avoid interruptions in production and regulatory or compliance by strengthening your partnerships with compliance partners and factories.
- Stack your deck with this conversation about internal and partner relationships.
11:15 AM – 12:00 PM
GREENING YOUR LABELS
- Products with better environmental impacts are increasing their presence in the market, but regulations on those products are developing reactively.
- In the absence of apparel and footwear-specific green labeling regulations and guidance, companies are left to make assumptions when designing their labels based on incomplete legislation.
- The FTC’s Green Guides are not a new tool but understanding what it covers can help companies fill in the gaps around green labeling regulations.
- This session will give attendees a tutorial on protecting brands with correct labeling and FTC compliance.
12:00 – 1:05 PM
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
1:05 – 1:45 PM
TSCA UNDER TRUMP
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was updated three years ago and has been undergoing rounds of chemical risk assessments for use in consumer products.
- The TSCA implementation process has largely happened under a deregulation administration, receive a status update on TSCA implementation and how it will affect your supply chain.
1:45 – 2:30 PM
CHROME VI AND 60-DAY NOTICES: A LITIGATION UPDATE
- Chrome VI is causing a stir in the regulatory world, especially in California.
- Multiple groups are pursuing cases against apparel and footwear companies who sell leather products, and a joint defense has developed for a unified response.
- After this session, you should have a better understanding of these specific Prop 65 cases, how it could impact you, and what steps to take to safeguard your products.
2:30 – 2:55 PM
2:55 – 3:35 PM
CASE STUDY: YOU’VE BEEN SERVED
- If you receive a 60-day notice, how does the notice work, what is its purpose, and how do you respond?
- This case study on Prop 65 will walk through the process of dealing with a Prop 65 notice and how the regulation can realistically be managed.
- Supplement your compliance protocol with best practices to understand, deal with, and avoid Prop 65 60-day notices.
3:35 – 4:20 PM
- Companies are starting to substitute chemicals in their supply chains and integrate green chemistry by using RSLs and MRSLs. Before starting or growing your brand’s program, hear insights from companies that have already gone through the process.
- Before tackling green chemistry or substance switching for environmental impact, make sure you join this session!
4:20 – 4:30 PM
Nate Herman, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain, AAFA