Join your fellow retail, apparel, footwear, and fashion accessory executives for two days of straight talk, networking, and innovative viewpoints from visionary leaders across the industry. With a mix of keynotes, panel discussions, and one-on-one interviews – take away actionable ideas to address the complex dynamics impacting your business every day. We hope to see you at the brand new Conrad Washington, DC! Please note this year's program days are Tuesday and Wednesday, with departure on Thursday.
The immediate health and safety of our members, attendees, and everyone in and around the AAFA community is always our highest priority. AAFA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and the WHO to monitor all new developments pertaining to the Coronavirus. We will be implementing protocols and basic protective measures throughout the event, that may become the “new norm” for the time being.
- AAFA will be providing personal-sized hand sanitizer to all attendees and will have hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout the event space.
- Please minimize physical contact with other attendees and consider a “no-handshake” policy and refrain from hugs, using alternative greetings such as a wave or nod.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue and immediately throw the tissue into the trash.
- The Conrad hotel is also taking protective measures including increasing the rate of disinfecting frequently touched areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, railings, public bathrooms, etc.
As a reminder, you can find these and other helpful preventive measures on the CDC and the WHO websites.
The Atlantic and CNN
Under Armour, Inc.
Fashion for Good
Kellie Davies Brown
Dr. Jesse Daystar
United Nations Climate Change Secretariat (UNFCCC)
Jim Bob Hume
Global Fashion Agenda
Erik R. Peterson
A.T. Kearney and Senior Advisor at CSIS
Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Intradeco Apparel, Inc.
See agenda for speakers not yet pictured.
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Conrad Washington, DC
950 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
The deadline to make a reservation in AAFA's room block was February 14. You can still make a reservation at the Conrad's current published rate. Another nearby hotel option is the Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC Convention Center, directly across the street from the Conrad.
Event Schedule At-a-Glance
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
|Board of Directors Meeting & Capitol Hill Briefing
(Board Members/Invite Only)
| 7:00 AM - 1:30 PM
|Registration & Welcome Refreshments
| 1:30 - 2:15 PM
|Executive Summit Program
| 2:15 - 5:00 PM
| 5:00 - 6:30 PM
|Wednesday, March 4, 2020
|Executive Summit Program
| 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (transportation included)
| 6:00 - 9:30 PM
|Thursday, March 5, 2020
*times subject to change
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: Closing Dinner
AAFA is excited to announce that our closing dinner and networking event will be held at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in DC on Wednesday evening, March 4. The museum (including its sister property in Chantilly, VA) attracts 8 million visitors a year, making it the most visited museum in the country! We hope you'll join us for a private, exclusive experience as we dine and drink among the most significant collection of aviation and space artifacts. Please be sure to add your RSVP to the Wednesday closing dinner during the registration process.
*To receive the 2nd person discount, there must first be a paid registration at the member rate. If registering multiple people, complete one registration first and then it will apply the discounted rate for any additional registrations from the same company. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact Sarah Vincent.
|2nd person or more from same AAFA member company*
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be issued after February 18, 2020. Substitutions are always permitted.