What are the labeling requirements for products with fur?
For any product containing fur (apparel, footwear, accessories, etc) the FTC requires a permanent label with the following information:
- Animal name, according to the fur name guide
- Name or Registered Identification Number (RN) of the manufacturer, importer, marketer or distributor
- Country of origin for imported fur written as "Fur Origin: Country"
- If the fur is pointed, dyed, bleached, or artificially colored--otherwise, label as "natural"
- If the fur product is composed in whole or substantial part (more than 10% of surface area) of pieces, such as paws, tails, bellies, sides, flanks, ears, throats, scraps, or waste fur
- If the fur is used or damaged
- The fiber content of any other materials used in the product
For more details visit the FTC Web Site