AAFA Public Policy Internship (Government Relations Department)
AAFA offers competitive internship opportunities in our Government Relations Department. The department is interested in trade, legislative, and regulatory matters at national and international levels, while directing lobbying and advocacy responses for matters affecting the apparel and footwear industries. Interns will have the opportunity to attend meetings, forums, and other events in Washington, D.C., while meeting top officials in the political arena.
Personal characteristics & qualifications:
- Enthusiastic self-starter and problem solver.
- Demonstrated interest in trade, legislative, and regulatory matters.
- Demonstrated interest in corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability a plus.*
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
*Seeking two interns for the Government Relations Department; one will emphasize corporate social responsibility. Please demonstrate interest in this area if applicable.
- Research trade, legislative, product safety and other regulatory matters.
- Support the development of letters and agendas and summarize regulatory updates.
- Support development of presentation content for government relations-oriented speaking engagements.