About this Job:
AAFA offers competitive internship opportunities in our Policy Department. The department is interested in legislative and regulatory matters at national and international levels, while directing lobbying and advocacy responses for matters affecting the apparel and footwear industries.
We focus our policy work around three core pillars: brand protection, trade, and supply chain and manufacturing. The work of this internship will focus primarily on supply chain and trade under the direction of AAFA’s Manager of Supply Chain and Sustainability Initiatives.
- Participate in virtual meetings with AAFA members on policy-related matters as well as occasional external meetings with government agencies and members of Congress.
- Support the creation of AAFA regulatory resources and tools.
- Support the development of letters and agendas and summarize regulatory updates.
- Support development of presentation content for policy-oriented speaking engagements.
Personal characteristics and qualifications:
- Must be able to receive academic credit for this internship.
- Demonstrated interest in trade, legislative, and regulatory matters.
- Demonstrated interest in corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability a plus.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for a fall internship starting around September 1. Please send your resume and a short email about your interest in the position to Kristen Kern at email@example.com.