About this Job:
AAFA offers competitive internship opportunities in our Policy Department. The department is interested in legislative and regulatory matters at national and international levels, while directing lobbying and advocacy responses for matters affecting the apparel and footwear industries.
We focus our policy work around three core pillars: brand protection, trade, and supply chain and manufacturing.
- Participate in virtual meetings with AAFA members on policy-related matters as well as occasional external meetings with government agencies and members of Congress.
- Support the creation of AAFA regulatory resources and tools.
- Support the development of letters and agendas and summarize regulatory updates.
- Support development of presentation content for policy-oriented speaking engagements.
Personal characteristics and qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in trade, legislative, and regulatory matters.
- Demonstrated interest in corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability a plus.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for a summer 2023 internship. Please send your resume and a short email about your interest in the position to email@example.com.
Note: Must be located in the United States and authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization and able to participate in internship within AAFA business hours (9am – 6pm Eastern Daylight Time).
Washington, D.C. (mix of telework and office days)