Sustainability Policy Coordinator
The primary objective of this position is to support the association’s work on sustainability, product safety, chemical management, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) issues, including supporting AAFA’s Environmental Committee, AAFA’s Product Safety Council, and AAFA’s Social Responsibility Committee.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Director, Sustainability for a variety of association and government affairs and policy activities including responding to member inquiries, preparing materials, creating presentations, and developing talking points.
- Provide support for the Director, Sustainability, including scheduling for hill meetings, fly-ins, and member DC visits, taking minutes, and other assistance as required.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Attend congressional hearings, agency meetings, and briefings.
- Assist with the drafting of weekly committee notes, members tools and resources, articles, updates, and social media posts.
- Assist with the preparation of AAFA lobby days and PAC-related activities.
- Scheduling and calendar alignment for AAFA Policy Team.
- Support AAFA Communications and Marketing department in developing and refining media-facing and consumer-facing talking points on issues related to trade, customs, logistics, and labeling.
- Closely collaborate with the Education and Programming department and Communications and Marketing department to assist with planning, execution, and success of the annual AAFA Product Safety and Compliance Seminar, the annual AAFA Traceability & Sustainability Conference, AAFA webinars, and other related AAFA events.
- Participate in lobbying activities associated with the Policy Team on all issues, as needed.
- Maintain a relentless focus on the needs of our membership.
- Experience/expertise in sustainability and/or product safety/chemical management/social responsibility.
- Familiarity with the United States federal government, including the Administration, agencies, and Congress.
- Familiarity with state legislatures and/or the European Union a plus.
- Strong analytical, writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand, digest, and communicate complex policy concepts to AAFA colleagues, member company representatives, and policymaker audiences.
- Ability to take direction from multiple people across AAFA Policy Team.
- Excellent time management and logistics skills, including managing and prioritizing simultaneous activities, tasks, and deadlines.
- Work well under time pressures while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in utilizing relevant software programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- An understanding of communications, social media content development (e.g., Facebook, Linkedln, Twitter)
- Experience in industry a plus.
Washington, DC (hybrid – 2-3X week in office). Some domestic travel, periodic international travel.
$50,000 - $65,000, depending on experience and expertise.
Please send your submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com