Participation in AAFA Committee Meetings is limited to AAFA members only. To join AAFA or to be added to a committee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AAFA's Environmental Committee will meet in Pittsburgh, PA on Wednesday, July 27, 2022 to discuss the latest environmental and sustainability issues facing the apparel and footwear industry. This meeting will be held in conjunction with AAFA's Traceability & Sustainability Conference
and the Social Responsibility Committee Meeting
. Separate registration is required for each committee meeting and the conference.
Registration Fee: $45
AAFA will follow health and safety protocols. All attendees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please review the Health & Safety Hub, below, for more information.
Agenda Now Available:
The Circuit Center Ballroom
5 Hot Metal Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
(adjacent to American Eagle's headquarters)
The deadline to book in AAFA's room block at the Hyatt House Pittsburgh Southside and the Springhill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works has passed. The Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh University-Oakland is also walking to distance to both the Circuit Center Ballroom and American Eagle Outfitter's headquarters, you can book rooms at their current published rates.
Health & Safety Hub: COVID-19 Precautions
AAFA considers the health & wellness of all those onsite at the Environmental Committee meeting as a top priority. Our Health & Safety Hub is a living document that will continue to evolve as the event approaches. We will seek the latest health guidance from local authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to determine the best precautions to take to further enhance the onsite experience and promote wellness at the event. Additionally, we will follow all local government and venue guidelines. Please note the measures below that we will be following to ensure everyone's safety regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we look forward to being together once again!
- Anyone attending the Environmental Committee meeting is required to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at check-in.
- Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination include: a picture of your vaccination card on your phone, any of the vax apps that has a picture of your card uploaded, or your physical vaccination card (not recommended as you could lose it in your travels).
- In lieu of vaccination, AAFA will also accept proof of negative test within 24 hours of arrival or proof of recently acquired natural immunities.
- Currently, masks are voluntary and you are welcome to wear one based on your comfort level.
- AAFA will be adhering to the CDC's recommendations and local government requirements.As local, state, or federal guidelines are updated to include new mandates, AAFA will follow those requirements.
- Masks will be available at the registration desk.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be provided to each participant at registration.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
Communicate Your Comfort Level
(participants to choose their own sticker color to place on name badge)
- Green - I'm OK with handshakes and high fives.
- Yellow - I'm OK with talking but not touching.
- Red - Give me a wave, I'm keeping my distance.
Personal Accountability Commitment
(some items to be confirmed closer to the event)
- Answering YES to the following statement during the registration checkout process: By attending the Environmental Committee meeting in person, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and wellness beneficial conduct while attending the event. This is includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing a Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement provided by AAFA legal counsel.
- Submit a Health Screening Questionnaire at check-in onsite.
- Washing hands often, cover your nose or mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask if indoors, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Engaging in appropriate physical distancing.
- Not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.