SAVE THE DATE!
Participation in AAFA Committee Meetings is limited to AAFA members only. To join AAFA or to be added to a committee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AAFA's Social Responsibility Committee will meet in Pittsburgh, PA on Friday, July 29, 2022 to discuss the latest social compliance issues facing the apparel and footwear industry. This meeting will be held in conjunction with AAFA's Traceability & Sustainability Conference
and the Environmental Committee Meeting
. Check back for more details!
Registration Fee: $45
AAFA will follow health and safety protocols. We will require all attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please review the Health & Safety Hub, below, for more information.
The Circuit Center Ballroom
5 Hot Metal Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
(adjacent to American Eagle's headquarters)
Hyatt House Pittsburgh - South Side
2795 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
AAFA has reserved a small block of room within walking distance to the Circuit Center Ballroom and American Eagle Outfitter's headquarters. Please click here to reserve a room directly with the Hyatt House Pittsburgh South Side at AAFA's rate of $126/night + taxes/fees. The deadline to reserve a room in AAFA's block at our negotiated rate is July 11, 2022; however, the room block may sell out prior to this date. Once the block is sold out, rooms and rates cannot be guaranteed.
Health & Safety Hub: COVID-19 Precautions
AAFA considers the health & wellness of all those onsite at the Social Responsibility Committee meeting as a top priority. Our Health & Safety Hub is a living document that will continue to evolve as the event approaches. We will seek the latest health guidance from local authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to determine the best precautions to take to further enhance the onsite experience and promote wellness at the event. Additionally, we will follow all local government and venue guidelines. Please note the measures below that we will be following to ensure everyone's safety regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we look forward to being together once again!
- Anyone attending the Social Responsibility Committee meeting is required to be fully vaccinated.
- Updates will be sent to registrants with options to show proof of vaccination.
- If you have a medical/religious exemption for not being vaccinated, please contact Corinne Suder.
- Currently, masks are voluntary and you are welcome to wear one based on your comfort level.
- AAFA will be adhering to the CDC's recommendations and local government requirements.As local, state, or federal guidelines are updated to include new mandates, AAFA will follow those requirements.
- Masks will be available at the registration desk.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be provided to each participant at registration.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
Communicate Your Comfort Level (participants to choose their own sticker color to place on name badge)
- Green - I'm OK with handshakes and high fives.
- Yellow - I'm OK with talking but not touching.
- Red - Give me a wave, I'm keeping my distance.
In Partnership with the Venue Guidelines, we will be providing:
- Responsible food & beverage service.
- Appropriate signage to reinforce wellness reminders.
Personal Accountability Commitment (some items to be confirmed closer to the event)
- Answering YES to the following statement during the registration checkout process: By attending the Social Responsibility Committee meeting in person, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and wellness beneficial conduct while attending the event. This is includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing a Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement provided by AAFA legal counsel.
- Submit a Health Screening Questionnaire at check-in onsite.
- Washing hands often, cover your nose or mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask if indoors, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Engaging in appropriate physical distancing.
- Not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.